Friday, March 11, 2011

My Computer- A Short Photo Essay

Here at Current we really like computers- in fact, each and every one of our members has built their own computers by hand from aftermarket parts. Today I'd like to showcase to you the computer I have built for myself.
Here's a frontward portrait of the computer case. I'm sporting it with an NZXT Phantom, a sleek case with nice design.
Inside the case is all the components that make it go- the motherboard, the power supply, the central processing unit, processor heatsink, graphics card, hard drive, etc.



















Here's a photo of all these things in all of their glory, with a bit of a custom light job.
Inside is a HD Radeon 6870, the graphics card, 8 gigs of some kinda generic HP ram I dissected from an old computer of mine, and an ASUS Crosshari IV motherboard, which is really awesome. At the bottom is an OCZ 700w power supply.
I'm using a Corsair H50, a liquid cooler which keeps my processor frosty with water-like fluids. These fluids do not come in direct contact with the processor, as they are mediated by a copper plate, a very good conductor of heat. Under the heatsink is an AMD Phenom II x6 clocked at 4 GHz, which zips along through everything I throw at it.








And just to finish up, here it is a few months ago when I was building it. You can see the processor in the socket with the circular bracket above it.

3 comments:

  1. WOWZERS! thats cool, you built your own computer. Thats so cool. Who showed you how to build it? Well anyway thanks for taking me through a computer.:)
    -BJG

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's pretty cool. The red light really looks good with the pictures, and helps add an extra effect to them that makes them look pretty awesome. That must be a great computer to have.

    -Matthew M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mrs. Young says to put a name on your blog so she knows who you are, by the way.

    I'd like to know- what did it cost? Would it cost more or less to make a laptop?


    -Ishaan

    ReplyDelete