Thursday, April 7, 2011

Into the Lyon - An Interview Story by Douglas Cheong

As I walked into the dank and musty room, I experienced a chill down my back. A chill of horror. Slowly I approached the computer at the end of the room. It glowed blue, and produced a fearful humming noise that grated my ears. I don't know what I was thinking. Something guided me to pick up the headphones that lay draped dangerously on the computer. Through the rubber wire, a voice was heard.
"Do you want to play a game?"
It was then that I realized.
This room was my room, and the voice I was hearing was the voice of my interviewee, Greg Lyons.
I actually conducted my interview over voice chat/web cam, because there was no convenient time for us to meet face to face in real life. As soon as school ended I got on my computer and we started the interview. The interview was pretty comfortable. I sat in my own chair that I've been sitting in for several years. Behind Greg, I could see his room and his work place.
After exchanging greetings, we got down to the interview. Since we're friends, there wasn't any awkwardness between us and I got some good information. Greg also provided a lot of quotes for me to use, most of which are insightful and help with the point of my article.

2 comments: