Thursday, April 7, 2011

Calvin's Interview - Chris Tom

     Chris Tom was just the guy I knew him to be- a guy with business in mind and with a schedule. I've been a relatively regular customer at his business almost since the day it opened- I walked in and bought some time while I waited for him to get back from the bank and talked to him in person. I got the interview without much trouble- he pretty much knows me by name, and has no problem with me walking into the back of his business where all the repair magic happens. The interview was comfortably held- the spurs game glowed on one of many HD TVs in the room and we sat on the couch. I learned quite a bit about him- he used to hold large gaming festivals that had almost 600 attendees there- that's a whole lot of computers, and a whole lot of power and internet bandwidth- considering each computer uses about 500+ watts a piece, that's power palooza. he was running things even while I was interviewing him- employees were coming every once and a while and asking him about certain tickets or issues with certain things in repairs. The interview turned into more of a conversation later on, which was a good things as it got alot of information that he might not have given to me normally or just out of the blue on question.

1 comment: